Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
The Lee Line side wheeler packet steamer "James Lee" docked at Memphis, Tennessee, in October 1916. The "James Lee" was built in 1898 and sailed the Memphis-Friar's Point, Mississippi, run. Converted to an excursion boat in 1917 and renamed "DeSoto", the boat was crushed by ice on the Mississippi River during the winter of 1917-1918.
"Steamboat "James Lee", 1916" (2021). Other images. 40.