Lyceum Theatre, Memphis, circa 1930
Lyceum Theatre at 64 North Second Street on the corner with Jefferson, circa 1930. The Lyceum was opened in 1894 by H.L. Brinkley on the southeast corner of Second and Jefferson after an earlier Lyceum on Third and Union burned down in 1893. It featured vaudeville and repertory companies and around 1917 it was the first large theater to show movies regularly when it was leased to Loew's Inc., for a period. By the 1930s revues were its primary fare until it was demolished in 1935.
This image has been withdrawn.