Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Opened in 1870 as a dry goods store on Beale Street, Goldsmith's relocated in 1895 to 125 Main Street and grew into one of Memphis' largest department stores. The downtown store closed in 1993 and the company was bought and incorporated into the Macy's company in 2005.
"J. Goldsmiths & Sons Department Store, Memphis, TN, c. 1930" (2021). Postcards. 44.
Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs