Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
The Home for Aged Women opened in 1896, and moved into this location at 759 Monroe in the early 1900s. The cost of the move was paid for by Colonel Robert Galloway and the home was renamed in his wife's honor. The home remained at this location for 60 years then moved again in 1961.
"Mary Galloway Home for Aged Women, Memphis, TN, c. 1908" (2021). Images. 53.
Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs