Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Memphis Academy of Arts was a private college founded in 1936 in the James Lee House on Adams. The college moved to a piece of land that was previously part of Overton Park and the main building, Rust Hall, was built in 1959. In 1985 the name was changed to Memphis College of Art. The college closed in 2019 and the final commencement took place in 2020.
"Memphis Academy of Arts, Memphis, TN, c. 1970" (2021). Postcards. 79.
Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs