The Naval Reserve Aviation Base was established in June 1942 at the former U.S. Army training ground, Park Field, north of Memphis near Millington, Tennessee. It became a Naval Training Station for Aviation Maintenance before being designated NATTC in early 1943. As a primary flight training center in World War II, six hundred to eight hundred aviation cadets trained at a time. The ground crew training facility was designed for ten thousand students. The entire complex, which included unpaved satellite fields in a fifteen-mile radius, covered an area of more than 3,500 acres.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.