Download Full Text (70.2 MB)
Illustrated booklet titled "Souvenir of the Fiftieth Anniversary, St. Joseph Hospital, Memphis, Tenn., 1889-1939" published by the Sisters of St. Francis in 1939. The hospital was established on Jackson Avenue between Alabama and Klondyke in 1889 and grew to become a Medical Center with 1,212 beds. The hospital merged with Baptist Memorial Health Care in 1997 and the property and buildings were sold to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Most of the buildings were demolished subsequently after the last patients were transferred to Baptist in 2000.
St. Joseph Hospital (Memphis, Tenn.)
"Souvenir of the Fiftieth Anniversary, St. Joseph Hospital, Memphis, Tenn., 1889-1939" (2021). Shelby County, Tennessee. 220.