University Archives, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
A photographic copy of an architectural drawing of the alterations and additions planned for the rear of the John Willard Brister Library at Memphis State College, Memphis, Tennessee, in 1951. The drawing was by S.H. Gurney and the architects were Daniel T. McGown (architect), John W. Hunt and Clarence H. Fisher (associates). The library was built in 1929 and named after John Willard Brister (1867-1939), the second president of West Tennessee State Normal School (1913-1918, 1924-1939) which became West Tennessee State Teachers College under his leadership in 1925.
Gurney, S.H,, "Memphis State College, Addition to Brister Library, 1951" (2021). University Archives Publications Images. 9.
Memphis State College.; University of Memphis