Download Full Text (1.7 MB)
A fact sheet published in 1994 after the opening of the new Ned R. McWherter Library that year. It includes an architect's drawing of the building. The McWherter Library is the third main library building on campus. The library of the West Tennessee State Normal School was housed in a room in the Administration Building until the John W. Brister Library opened in 1928 (now known as Brister Hall). In the late 1960s, a 12-story tower building (now known as John S. Wilder Tower) was added and the University Libraries occupied space in both until moving to McWherter Library in 1994.
University of Memphis. University Libraries.
"University Libraries Fact Sheet, 1994" (2021). Other Publications. 2.