Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Group of elevator operators in the lobby of the Sterick Building, Memphis, Tennessee, undated. Built on the corner of Madison Avenue and Third Street, the tower was designed by Wyatt C. Hedrick & Co. and was completed in 1930. It was then the tallest building in the South and the tallest in Tennessee until 1957. The building boasted eight high-speed elevators servicing its 29 floors when it opened. Photographer: Hitchings, Memphis.
"Sterick Building, Memphis, elevator operators" (2021). Other images. 245.