Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Lyceum Theatre at 64 North Second Street, Memphis, Tennessee, 1932. The Lyceum was opened in 1894 by H.L. Brinkley on the southeast corner of Second and Jefferson after an earlier building burned down the previous year. It featured vaudeville and repertory companies and around 1917 it was the first large theater to show movies regularly when it was leased to Loew's Inc., for a period. By the 1930s, revues and sports, like the wrestling and boxing featured on the marquee, were its primary fare until it was demolished in 1935.
"Lyceum Theatre, Memphis, 1932" (2021). Other images. 246.
Lyceum Theatre (Memphis, Tenn.), Theaters--Tennessee--Memphis.