Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Memphis High School at 317 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee, in 1909. A covered walkway linked the school to its gymnasium at left. The school was built in 1898 and was in use as a high school until 1911 when it became Memphis Vocational School. It was renamed Crockett Vocational High School in 1918 and became Crockett Technical High School in 1921. In 1928, Memphis Technical High School opened in a new building at 1266 Poplar and the Memphis Board of Education moved into the old building. The Board occupied it until the building was demolished in 1964.
"Memphis High School, Memphis, Tennessee, 1909" (2021). Other images. 53.