Chapel of the Holy Communion, Memphis, TN, 1938


The Episcopal Chapel of the Holy Communion opened on January 1, 1939 at the corner of Poplar and Perkins, less than 10 years later the congregation had grown so much that in 1947 a larger venue began construction at Walnut Grove and Perkins. The last day of service was January 1, 1950 and the chairs folded up and moved to the Church of the Holy Communion.