Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
The Grand Opera House opened in 1890 at the corner of Main and Beale. It was renamed the Hopkins Grand Opera in 1900 and later the Orpheum in 1907. The building burned down in 1923 and a new grander Orpheum was built 5 years later on the same foundation.
"Grand Opera House, Memphis, TN, c. 1906" (2021). Images. 23.
Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs