Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0466.004_CityHospital.003.jpg

Description

City Hospital was Memphis first general hospital. Opened in 1829, the original building was located on Union. In 1898 it was demolished and a new facility (the one shown in this postcard) was built on Madison Avenue.

Date Created

6-15-2021

Date

circa 1906

Keywords

Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs

Share

COinS