Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
In 1903 the city of Memphis bought the private Artesian Water Company to form the Memphis Artesian Water Department, and with that purchase came the pumping station located at Auction and N. 5th St. The building was demolished to make room for an expansion of the St. Jude hospital complex.
"City Artesian Water Department Pumping Station, Memphis, TN, c. 1910" (2021). Postcards. 6.
Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs