Memphis Press-Scimitar newspaper morgue, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
The Lenox Depot sat alongside the train tracks that ran over Cooper just north of Central Avenue. There was a set of wooden stairs that passengers would climb to get to the depot from street level. It was built when Lenox was an unincorporated town, before it was annexed by Memphis in 1909. At the time of this picture, the depot was scheduled to be demolished.
"Lenox Depot, Memphis, TN, 1961" (2021). Memphis. 71.