Postcard collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
View of the Randolph Building looking southeast across South Main Street, Memphis, Tennessee, from the Beale Street intersection, circa 1906. When it was built by William M. Randolph, a Little Rock lawyer and Memphis judge, in 1891, the building was the tallest in Memphis. The postcard writer notes it had 700 rooms. It was demolished during the Beale Street renewal project in the mid-1970s.
"Randolph Building, Memphis, circa 1906" (2021). Images. 46.