Ron Pevahouse collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
A progress photograph (#18) of the Tri-State Hotel under construction at the corner of Main and Adams in Memphis, Tennessee, on December 1, 1923. The building was being constructed by the James Alexander Construction Company which hired Clifford Poland to take a series of photographs documenting the building's progress. The 17-story building, the tallest Memphis hotel of its day, was owned by the Tri-State Hotel Corporation which named it the Claridge Hotel when it opened the following year. It closed in 1968 and was subsequently renovated to become condominiums.
1923 December 1
Poland, C. H., "Claridge Hotel under construction, Memphis, 1923" (2021). James Alexander Construction Company. 4.
Claridge Hotel (Memphis, Tenn.)