Download Full Text (5.3 MB)
Tenth annual catalogue of King College in Bristol, Tennessee, for the year ending June 11th, 1879. Pages 3-4 are missing and pages 5-6 are damaged. In April 1866, the Holston Presbytery assembled at the old Pleasant Grove Church in Bristol to establish a Christian college. The college was built on 25 acres of land that had been donated by Reverend James King, in whose honor it is named. The first classes were offered in August 1867. When the college outgrew its small campus, King's grandson, Isaac Anderson, donated land on a hillside east of Bristol and in 1917 the college moved to its present location. In 2013, the college became King University.
King College (Bristol, Tenn.)
"King College catalogue, Bristol, Tennessee, 1878" (2021). Other documents. 103.