Download Full Text (1.8 MB)
Eighteenth Annual Announcement of the Medical College of Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee, for the 1870-1871 session. The college was established in the early 1850s and occupied a building on Front Street donated by the City of Memphis. It closed during the Civil War and was reorganized in 1868. In 1871, it became the Medical Department of Cumberland University but this association only lasted two years. In 1871-1872 there were twenty-six students, from Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Virginia, with ten graduates for the year.
Medical College of Memphis (Memphis, Tenn.)
"Medical College of Memphis announcement, 1870-1871" (2021). Other documents. 113.