Download Full Text (12.8 MB)
Catalogue for the session of 1857-1858 and announcement for the session of 1858-1859 of the University of Nashville Medical Department, Nashville, Tennessee. The publication also refers to the Tennessee State Hospital, School for Practical Chemistry, and the Military College. The university was founded as Davidson Academy in 1785 and became Cumberland College in 1806. In 1826 the college became the University of Nashville. From 1874 to 1895 the medical department united with the Medical Department of Vanderbilt University, and from 1909 to 1911 it joined with the Medical Department of the University of Tennessee. In 1911, it merged with Medical Department of the University of Tennessee to form the University of Tennessee College of Medicine.
University of Nashville. Medical Department.
"University of Nashville Medical Department announcement, 1858-1859" (2021). Other documents. 114.