Download Full Text (1.0 MB)
Program for a recital by the pupils of the Elocution Department of Union Female College, Oxford, Mississippi, on May 5 (unknown year). The program notes the recital was complimentary to the state Sunday School convention being held in the city. Founded as the Oxford Female Academy in 1838, the school became the Union Female College in 1854 after it was affiliated with the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. An outbreak of yellow fever closed the school around 1898 and President A.S. Maddox moved to Little Rock, Arkansas, to open the Maddox Seminary there. A fire in August 1911 led to Union's final closure.
Union Female College (Miss.)
"Union Female College, Mississippi, elocution program" (2021). Other documents. 118.