James Lee Memorial Academy of Arts catalog, Memphis, circa 1937
Catalog of the James Lee Memorial Academy of Arts in Memphis, Tennessee, circa 1937. The academy was founded in 1936 and was originally housed in the James Lee House at 690 Adams Avenue. Soon renamed the Memphis Academy of Arts, the school moved to another location before returning to the James Lee House in 1942. It moved to a new building in Overton Park in 1958. In 1985, it was renamed the Memphis College of Art and the school closed in 2020.