Download Full Text (41.9 MB)
A 16-page prospectus for the Elks Club building to be built on the corner of Jefferson and Front Streets in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1926. The Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks demolished their old building to erect the new 12-story tower at a cost of $1.3 million. In 1931, the building was renamed the Hotel DeVoy after the deceased Elk's Exalted Leader Clarence DeVoy. In 1937, the Memphis Elks Lodge #27 could no longer sustain the cost of the building and it was sold at a foreclosure auction for $200,000. In 1945, the building became the Hotel King Cotton. It was demolished in 1984.
Elks (Fraternal order)--Buildings.
"Elks Club Building, circa 1926" (2021). Shelby County, Tennessee. 45.