Download Full Text (393.3 MB)
The 1910 edition of "Valhalla", the yearbook of Chickasaw College published by the students of the school. Chickasaw Female College was founded in 1836 in Pontotoc, Mississippi, as the Pontotoc Female College, and was operated by the town until 1840. It was taken over by the Chickasaw Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church which constructed a new building opening in 1852 and led by A.H. Conkey. During the Civil War, the college was used as a hospital by both the Union and Confederate armies. After the war, the college reopened and in 1918 the property was turned over to the Mississippi Synod. The college closed in 1936.
Chickasaw Female College (Pontotoc, Miss.)
"Chickasaw College, Valhalla, Pontotoc, Mississippi, 1910" (2021). United States. 44.