Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
The recently-established Lausanne School in the former Cary House at 1649 Central Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee, 1926. Photographer: Bluff City Engraving Co.
Mrs. Emma DeSaussure Jett, Miss Bessie Statler and two other veteran teachers left St. Mary's Episcopal School and founded a small, K-12, private girls' school in 1926. The school remained at Central until 1952 before moving to Union Extended and then to its current site on Massey Road.
"Lausanne School, Memphis, 1926" (2021). Other images. 277.