Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Willis C. Campbell Clinic at 869 Madison Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee, in 1923. Photographer: Bluff City Engraving Company, Memphis.
Dr. Willis Cohoon Campbell (1880-1941) established his orthopedic clinic after practicing orthopedic medicine in Memphis from 1909 and organizing the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Tennessee School of Medicine in 1910. When it opened on December 26, 1920, the clinic was a single-story building but by 1923 it had expanded to become a hospital and outpatient facility. The clinic remained at this location until 1997.
"Willis C. Campbell Clinic, Memphis, 1923" (2021). Other images. 325.