Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Dedication ceremony at the U.S. Veterans Bureau Hospital No. 88 at 1025 Lamar Avenue (later named E.H. Crump Boulevard), Memphis, Tennessee, on Armistice Day, November 11, 1922. Photographer: Bluff City Engraving Company, Memphis.
The building was originally constructed for the First Methodist Church in 1921 but sold to the Veterans Bureau to serve the needs of disabled veterans. After Kennedy Military Hospital was built during World War II, the hospital on Crump became a tuberculosis facility in 1947, and then a teaching hospital in 1957. After various other uses, the building was demolished in 2007.
1922 November 11
"Veterans' Hospital dedication, Memphis, 1922" (2021). Other images. 377.