Preview
Source Collection
Florence Holmes Ryan family collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Identifier
sc.0509.001_010.001
Description
Exterior front view of Marion Female Seminary in Marion, Alabama. The image has a "X" marked over one of the windows. The Marion Female Seminary was established in 1836, with this building completed in 1850. It was subsequently owned by the city of Marion from 1918 to 1930, at which time it was transferred to state ownership for use as a Perry County public school. Thus, it is also known as the Old Perry County High School. The image shows the original three story building which was remodeled in 1930 with the removal of the uppermost floor.
Date Created
6-10-2021
Date
circa 1900
Recommended Citation
"Marion Female Seminary, circa 1900" (2021). Images. 2.
https://digitalcommons.memphis.edu/speccoll-mss-fhryan2/2
Keywords
Marion Female Seminary (Marion, Ala.)
Archival Statement
This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.