Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Memphis Press-Scimitar newspaper morgue, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0475.71389_001.001

Description

The Memphis Academy of Arts, later named Memphis College of Art, opened in 1936 in the James Lee house at 690 Adams. The Academy moved to Rust Hall in Overton Park and operated there until the schools closing in 2020.

Date Created

2021

Date

1960-09

Keywords

Memphis College of Art; James Lee house (Memphis, Tenn.)

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.