Memphis Press-Scimitar newspaper morgue, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
The Memphis Conservatory of Music on the corner of Orleans Street and Vance Avenue, circa 1923. In 1918 the Sisters of St. Dominic bought the former home of Dr. D.T. Porter that adjoined St. Agnes Academy and established the St. Agnes Conservatory which was incorporated as the Memphis Conservatory of Music in 1923. It offered a B.A. degree in music and became the music education center for beginner through professional level students. In 1939 the conservatory was incorporated with Siena College as its Department of Music.
"Memphis Conservatory of Music, circa 1923" (2021). Buildings. 24.
Conservatories of music--Tennessee--Memphis