Preview
Source Collection
Memphis Press-Scimitar newspaper morgue, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Identifier
sc.0475.0046a_03.001
Description
Opened in 1907, the Goodwyn Institute was a public library and lecture hall founded by William A. Goodwyn, a cotton merchant. It was demolished in 1962.
Date Created
6-28-2021
Date
1930s
Recommended Citation
"Goodwyn Institute, Memphis, TN, 1939" (2021). Buildings. 39.
https://digitalcommons.memphis.edu/speccoll-mss-mpressscimitar7/39
Keywords
Goodwyn Institute (Memphis, Tenn.)
Archival Statement
This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.