Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Memphis Press-Scimitar newspaper morgue, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0475.0040a_006.001

Description

The Memphis Catholic Club was built in 1923 at the corner of Third and Adams. There was a gymnasium, bowling alleys, billiard room, swimming pool, dance rooms, a café, and a rooftop garden. Members could also rent apartments. It was demolished in the early 1980s.

Date Created

2023

Date

c. 1923

Keywords

Catholic Club (Memphis, Tenn.); Clubs--Tennessee--Memphis; Religious organization--Tennessee--Memphis

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.