Preview
Source Collection
Ron Pevahouse collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Identifier
sc.0169.001_002.005
Description
A progress photograph (#16) of the Tri-State Hotel under construction at the corner of Main and Adams in Memphis, Tennessee, on October 1, 1923. The building was being constructed by the James Alexander Construction Company which hired Clifford Poland to take a series of photographs documenting the building's progress. The 17-story building, the tallest Memphis hotel of its day, was owned by the Tri-State Hotel Corporation which named it the Claridge Hotel when it opened the following year. It closed in 1968 and was subsequently renovated to become condominiums.
Date Created
6-9-2021
Date
1923 October 1
Recommended Citation
"Claridge Hotel under construction, Memphis, 1923" (2021). James Alexander Construction Company, Memphis. 6.
https://digitalcommons.memphis.edu/speccoll-mss-rpevahouse1/6
Keywords
Claridge Hotel (Memphis, Tenn.)
Archival Statement
This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.