Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Ron Pevahouse collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0169.001_006.001

Description

When the Memphis Municipal Airport was dedicated on June 14, 1929, the facility consisted of 3 hangars and a sod field runway. On opening day more than 200 planes and pilots flew in to celebrate. This image shows a line of U.S. Army Air Corps planes that flew in for the celebration.

Date Created

2024

Date

1929 June

Keywords

Municipal Airport (Memphis, Tenn.); U.S. Army Air Corp

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

Copyright Not Evaluated

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.