Preview
Source Collection
Ron Pevahouse collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Identifier
sc.0169.003_006.007
Description
WMC Radio station on Bristol Highway (now Summer Avenue). It was built in 1930 and housed the first transmitting station of the WMC Radio and later Television stations. The spire and transmitting tower are gone and the building is now occupied by Tracker Boat Center.
Date Created
2024
Date
1930s
Recommended Citation
"WMC Radio Station, Memphis, TN, 1930" (2024). Memphis Images. 7.
https://digitalcommons.memphis.edu/speccoll-mss-rpevahouse3/7
Keywords
WMC Station (Memphis, Tenn.); Art Deco (Architecture)
Archival Statement
This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.