Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

William Nowland Van Powell papers, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0258.los_001.007

Description

Panoramic view of Confederate Park, Memphis, Tennessee, now known as Memphis Park, looking west from Front Street across the Mississippi River to Arkansas. The Customs House built in 1876 is on the left of the image. The photographer was John Calvin Coovert (1862-1937).

Date Created

6-9-2021

Date

circa 1915

Keywords

Urban parks--Tennessee--Memphis--Photographs.

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

No Copyright - United States

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.