Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Twentieth century photograph collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0462.013_001.011

Description

James Lee Memorial Academy of Arts, 690 Adams Avenue, Memphis, 1934. The house was built in 1848 and became the home of riverboat captain James Lee in 1890. Lee's daughter donated the house to established the art school that became the Memphis Academy of Art, remaining at the Lee house until 1959. The Memphis College of Art operated at its site in Overton Park until 2020.

Date Created

2021

Date

1934

Keywords

Memphis Academy of Arts.

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

Copyright Not Evaluated

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.