Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0466.006_RailroadStations.001.jpg

Description

Union Depot opened in 1888 and was the first depot in Memphis. Over the years the depot was also called Calhoun Street Station, Central Station and Union Station. It was demolished around 1912 for the new Central Station which was built in the same location at Main and Calhoun.

Date Created

6-17-2021

Date

circa 1906

Keywords

Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

Copyright Not Evaluated

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.