Preview
Source Collection
Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries
Identifier
sc.0466.006_RailroadStations.015.jpg
Description
Union Station opened in 1912 on Calhoun between 2nd and 3rd streets. In 1964 the station closed to rail traffic. It opened again in 1966 for limited service, then was demolished in 1969.
Date Created
6-17-2021
Date
circa 1930
Recommended Citation
"Union Station, Memphis, TN, c. 1930" (2021). Postcards. 89.
https://digitalcommons.memphis.edu/speccoll-mss-mccarver1/89
Keywords
Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs
Archival Statement
This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.