Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Memphis Press-Scimitar newspaper morgue, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0475.0036a_05.007

Description

Opened in 1890, the Poplar Street Station, located at Poplar and Front, was used by both the IC and Y&MV lines. The tower used to have a steeple that was removed in 1931 and the building was demolished in 1939. Only a small portion of stone work and part of a brick wall remains of this building.

Date Created

6-28-2021

Date

1930s

Keywords

Train stations--Tennessee--Memphis

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.