Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Ron Pevahouse collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0169.001_002.002

Description

East side view of the Memphis Central Police Station on Second Street under construction by the James Alexander Construction Company on July 3, 1911. The police station and fire station were built fronting Adams Avenue at the same time and designed to complement the new Shelby County Courthouse. The police station closed in 1982.

Date Created

6-9-2021

Date

1911 July 3

Keywords

Police stations--Tennessee--Memphis.

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

Copyright Not Evaluated

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.