Creators

Preview

image preview

Source Collection

Grover Edward McCarver memorial collection, Special Collections Department, University of Memphis Libraries

Identifier

sc.0466.004_MilitaryHospitals.004.jpg

Description

Built in 1921 at 1025 Lamar Avenue, the Veterans Hospital Complex was originally built as a hospital for "the indigent sick". It was sold to the U. S. Veteran's Bureau in 1921. After the construction of the Kennedy VA Hospital in 1947, this location became a tuberculosis hospital, then later a teaching hospital. It was closed in 1996 and demolished in the early 2000s.

Date Created

6-17-2021

Date

circa 1925

Keywords

Postcards--Tennessee--Memphis, Postcards--20th century, Memphis (Tenn.)--photographs

Share

COinS
 

Rights Statement

Copyright Not Evaluated

Archival Statement

This item was created or digitized prior to April 24, 2026, or is a reproduction of legacy media created before that date. It is preserved in its original, unmodified state specifically for research, reference, or historical recordkeeping. This material is part of a digital archival collection and is not utilized for current University instruction, programs, or active public communication. In accordance with the ADA Title II Final Rule, the University Libraries provides accessible versions of archival materials upon request. To request an accommodation for this item, please submit an accessibility request form.